> Thanks, Igor, for taking the effort to answer my question. I so
understand
> that one of the core vision statements is separation of concerns. I am
> evaluating Click but haven't ruled out Wicket - just that some aspects
of
> Click seem less cumbersome because separation of concerns is not a
> priority
> there - Click seems to suit what I need better than what Eelco had
> suggested much earier: Echo.

This is interesting because I'm traveling in the exact opposite
direction:

I've been using Echo for more than a year for the highly interactive
parts of the site where users enter data - we will continue to do this
in the foreseeable future. However, the presentation of that data in
read only views (pages) is also extremely important and it is desirable
to provide that presentation in a wide variety of formats and styles so
we use Wicket for this and override the getVariation() method in our
pages and panels to support this feature. So we have a kind of 'hybrid'
web app: Echo+Wicket.

I've ended up appreciating the ability to drive layout and style changes
and variations via separate (HTML) markup a lot more since we started
using Wicket. We no longer have to change a Java class then recompile,
run, test to see how the change looks. We just edit the HTML markup in a
WYSIWYG HTML editor getting it to look how we want (with liberal use of
wicket:remove tags) and when done we just Save and then hit refresh in
the browser - the changes are visible right away in our web app when
wicket regenerates the page using the latest markup.