Matej Knopp wrote:
> Second question, I assume you want to show inserted rows without
> refreshing the entire listview? Well, this is possible to certain
> degree, but requres some javacsript foo. You need to create the DOM
> element with appropriate id (in javascript) before adding the newly
> created ListItem to ajaxrequesttarget. TreeTable does it, however, not
> with ListView. It uses different kind of repeater.
>
> -Matej

I implemented AjaxListView which can insert/remove rows via AJAX. When I
need to insert rows in the list, I get existing list view element and
add it to AjaxResponseTarget, then in the onRender method of this
element I render not only the existing element itself but also all new
elements.  This works fine with table markup anywhere but IE. In IE only
the existing element is being updated, but new rows are not inserted. I
found out where the problem is - it's in wicket-ajax.js function
Wicket.replaceOuterHtml:

' + text + '

// this is a hack to get around the fact that internet explorer doesn't
allow the
// outerHtml attribute on table elements
var tempDiv = document.createElement("div");
tempDiv.innerHTML = '';
element.parentNode.replaceChild(tempDiv.getElementsByTagName(tn).item(0),
element);

As I see it updates the first TR only and ignores the others :-( Please
help to fix/workaround this, I really need it to be done ASAP.

--
Andrew Klochkov