I should also pointed out that I have implemented a DateTimeConverter, which
looks like this:

public class DateTimeConverter extends AbstractConverter {

        /**
         * The singleton instance for a DateTime converter
         */
        public static final IConverter INSTANCE = new DateTimeConverter();

        private static final DateTimeFormatter DEFAULT_FORMATTER =
DateTimeFormat
                        .forPattern("dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm");

        /**
         * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         */
        @Override
        protected Class getTargetType() {
                return DateTime.class;
        }

        /**
         * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         */
        public Object convertToObject(String dateString, Locale locale) {
                DateTime date = null;
                date = getDateTimeFormatter(locale).parseDateTime(dateString);
                return date;
        }

        /**
         * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         */
        @Override
        public String convertToString(Object obj, Locale locale) {
                DateTime date = (DateTime) obj;
                return getDateTimeFormatter(locale).print(date);
        }

        /**
         * Get the formatter for the current locale.
         *
         * @param locale
         *            the current locale
         * @return the date formatter for the current locale.
         */
        public DateTimeFormatter getDateTimeFormatter(Locale locale) {
                DateTimeFormatter formatter = null;
                if (locale == null) {
                        formatter = DEFAULT_FORMATTER;
                } else {
                        formatter = DEFAULT_FORMATTER.withLocale(locale);
                }
                return formatter;