we have a chain of imarkupfilter that process the markup and break it down
into tags and add semantic meaning to those tags.

first there is the parser itself that creates simple xmltag tags, then there
is the chain.

the first in the chain, and where i was adding my code just cause it seemed
like the appropriate place, was wickettagidentifier. now after that
markupfilter is htmlhandler, and that filter does keep track of the stack of
tags, so there it can create the linkage of closetag->opentag.

why is this so?

because html is not xml. so it is the htmlhandler that knows the xml-related
idiosyncrasies of html. eg the fact that tags like <input> do not have to
have a closing tag.

i couldve put the code further down in the chain, or created a new filter
altogether, but i was just toying with the idea. i am planning on removing
it from core, thats why i didnt bother fixing it just yet. thomas can add
his own markup filter, and i did not get any interest from users, so i dont
think its worth keeping as yet "another way to do something"

-igor

On 4/13/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* Igor Vaynberg:

> our parser doesnt create the link of closetag->opentag until later in
the
> chain, so you have to do it on both tags.

Igor,

I just checked the XML specification, we are not supposed to put
attributes in an End-Tag.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#sec-starttags

Can you explain a bit more about the parser's limitation?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty