Hi,

I am using Wicket 1.2.5 with the Wicket-Spring extension, but without the
annotation support (I am on JDK 1.4).
It seems there are two ways to integrate with Spring:

1) In my web.xml, to use the SpringWebApplicationFactory, and to define
MyWicketApplication as a bean in my Spring context XML.
2) Not to do any of the above, but make MyWicketApplication subclass of
SpringWebApplication. It then locates the Spring context in its
internalInit() method.

Both work, but here is my question:

If I do (2) then in my Application class I will provide getters for Services
obtained via Spring, and use the createSpringBeanProxy() method, with a
bean-name. This is lookup, not injection, but on the other hand, I get the
Serialization-Proxy.

If I go with (1), then it makes sense to use the fact that the Application
instance is created by Spring, to also inject it with the Services: I just
provide setters. But then - how do I implement the getters so that they
return the proxies?

Thanks,
Naaman