There seems to be a bug in the Ajax Counter sample code [1].

         add(new AjaxFallbackLink("link") {
                 target.addComponent(label);
             }
         });

This works fine for me when Javascript is turned on, but when it is off,
I get a NPE on the target object.  As it is a "FallbackLink", I would
expect it to work regardless of whether I have JS on.

It's easy enough to wrap a check for null around that line, but I'm
wondering if there's something else I'm not doing properly.

   -- Scott

[1] http://wicket.sourceforge.net/ExampleAjaxCounter.html