I didn't repaint it. It's just the WebMarkupContainer component that I missed
putting in my Panel that caused the whole odd behaviour displaying
problem....Anyway it's now working for me after putting the
WebMarkupContainer in the Panel. Thanks :) What Im confused about is, I
don't understand why do we need to put in another WebMarkupContainer since
Panel is already considered one?  I never knew I have to use another
WebMarkupContainer in the Panel to achieve the ajaxification of gridview in
the pagination. It's a slight difference way of implementation if you
compare it to the ajaxification of Pageable ListView in Panel, even though
we can still use the WebMarkupContainer to achieve the same behaviour in
Pageable ListView.

Having said that, it reminds of another question. The question is, how do I
use AjaxPagingNavigationLink and AjaxPagingNavigationIncrementLink in the
Panel? The reason I want to use these two paging components is to customize
the paging << >> thingy we find in AjaxPagingNavigator. And  I believe
AjaxPagingNavigator comes only with the default << 1 2 3 ... n >> paging
display right? If im not mistaken, to customize the paging display, I have
to use AjaxPagingNavigation and AjaxPagingNavigationBehavior as well
right??? I have been trying to use AjaxPagingNavigation + NavigationLink +
NavigationIncrementLink + NavigationBehavior to get this customization
working, but it seems like everything I have been doing so far is not
producing the behaviour I want it to be. Reason being is that when I click
on the paging number or even the [First/Next] once, it doesn't flip to
another page. It only does so when I clicked it twice, and if that's not
enough bad, I feel like the whole page had been refreshed when it was
flipped to another page after being clicked twice.

Any idea on this? I think I must have missed out the association of
implementation among these 4 AjaxPagingNavigation + Link + IncrementLink +
Behaviour.  My instinct is telling me that I may have done it a wrong way
and not putting these association of 4 object correctly. All in all, I don't
know where to start to get these 4 Ajax paging object working together. To
guide me, it would be great if you can provide me a full skeleton code.
Thanks.