the shorter version is:

all bookmarkable pages start out stateless. when you add a non Stateless*
component to them, it makes them stateful.

-igor

if you want stateless page then all the components on that page must be
stateless
So if you make a simple page with only 1 form (with some text fields)
and that Form is a StatelessForm (instead of a norma Form component)
then that page is stateless
You can't call or set any property on a page to let the page be stateless.
Because it all depends whats components or behaviors are on the page.
If you add an ajax behavior then the page is not stateless
if you add a normal link (instead of a StatelessLink) then it is not
stateless

The only thing the page can do is that it must have a default or page
parameters constructor.

johan

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/stateless-pages.html#Statelesspages-Statelesspagesin2.0%2528andbackportedto1.3%2529