Awesome! Thank you for this superbly detailed reply!

Mind if I pick your brain some more?

> For choosing a library it is a matter of taste and priorities. If you
> want an actively maintained wicket project, then dojo should be your
> cup of tea, if you want stability, probably prototype + some other
> library would be a better choice. If you want small footprint, then
> consider adopting mootools. If you want a huge company backing, YUI
> would be a good library, with extjs as a nice extra.

I think that given the project requirements, a small footprint needs to
be a priority. I'm only going to need a small number of widgets anyway.

To that end, your suggestion of mootools sounds enticing. However, I
noticed that it does not seem to be supported in wicket-stuff...

Is it difficult to add support for the widgets I need?

Is there any doc about how to do this somewhere? (I wasn't able to find
any...)

Would it be useful to start a new mootols wicket-stuff project?

Thanks!
David