Ok, after doing a little research I found out that if you create your own
implementation of IDataProvider or extend an existing one. you can over ride
the model method with;

                @Override
                public IModel model(Object object) {

                        return new BoundCompoundPropertyModel(object);

                } // model

This seems to work, but is this the correct way to go about this?

-Craig