I've run into a problem with how wicket handles requests in
PageParameters. I'm seeing this particular behaviour with BookmarkablePage
urls that contain a string with non ascii, utf-8 characters, like this:

pages/J%C3%A1nos

This doesn't work. The following does:

pages/J%E1nos

First I thought this is just a simple HttpServletRequest encoding thing,
but it turns out it isn't. I've debugged what's going on and I found
myself in the following call stack:

AbstractRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy.urlDecode:171
AbstractRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy.decodeParameters:140
BookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy.decode:75
WebRequestCodingStrategy.targetForReques:331
DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolve:83
AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.resolve:48
RequestCycle.step:992
RequestCycle.steps:1084
RequestCycle.request:454
WicketServlet.doGet:219

Here the URLDecoder.decode call gets called with a string that contains no
% characters - rather the url parameter's non ascii characters are already
decoded to their 8 bit representations.

Though I've been using wicket for more than a year now I'm not that into
wicket's internals to have a chance to
find the bug in a few hours. Should I file a JIRA issue?

Thanks

Janos