on which class is it then bound?
we use private static loggers now so they are really bind to the class.
But if you are storing them in the meta data then they are not really bind
to the class but more the the resulting class/instance
so never Component itself. Don't know if that really matters but that would
be a difference
between een private static log field or private Log getLog() method
Besides that the question is how many times for 1 component wold the
getLog() be called? if it is just once or twice
then don't store it. Just create one

But for wicket this is a none issue in my eyes, just private static logs are
fine for me. (as long as the logger doesn't
keep a reference to the wicket class....)

johan

not really. you would remove the logger in ondetach. it isnt a permanent
footprint - that is it doesnt take up a slot in all subclasses.

-igor