> > On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 07:59 +0200, Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
> > > You know that you can remove all tag from output, do you? To remove
> > > <wicket:xx> is simply a matter of settings and all other tags (e.g.
> > > and not output anything.

This approach does not work, since wicket must output some kind of tag.

Even when setting

  getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags( true );

and when @Overiding on ComponentTag so it doesn't output anything,
wicket still needs to output SOMETHING.

For example, with the above settings, if I try to add a label using this
template:

<tag wicket:id="test-label">test</tag>

wicket will output this:

<tag>test</tag>

It looks like Eelco's suggesting of using TextTemplate is the way to go.
I just need to figure out how to serve it the way I want.

Cheers,
Dave