Igor,

Yes, that makes sense.  However, I get the data for the list using a
single HQL query with joins and such. If I changed to a ListView
within a ListView, then wouldn't I also need to change to do many HQL
queries to build a bunch of small lists within a big list?  I don't
know what the performance implications would be of making this change.

Also, last night I was working on switching it to a DataView instead
of a ListView.  Could a single DataProvider supply the data for both
the outer and inner views?

Thanks!
Tauren