1.3 is what i would look at, the current trunk in our svn. we just had a
1.3.0-beta release in apache incubator. 1.2.x doesnt have stateless support.

there are numerous threads on this list that try to disprove the "session is
evil" myth. so i would search the list for those first, before i made the
decision that my app needs to be stateless. wicket-1.3 also has a
second-level-session store which stores old pages to disk, further reducing
the session size. just my 2c.

-igor