but are you sure that nowhere else in the classpath is a wicket.jar??

if you could start websphere with -verbose:class then you can see where the
classes do come from

johan

On 5/8/07, shumbola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, Johan.

> Âû ïèñàëè Tuesday, May 08, 2007, 4:38:26 PM:

>> If the war works on tomcat en jetty but not on webspere then it is
really
>> a classloading problem of websphere
>> so i really have the idea that the wicket classes do come from a
different classloader
>> then your application classes
>> (or somehow your application classes are not found completely)

>> johan

> Could it be that wicket filter loaded with one class loader and the
> application classes with another one? Because wicket filter can not
> instantiate my application class: MyApplication.class.
> I'll play with websphere settings on this later today and will let you
> know if something changes...

I've made a simple wicket 1.3 based app, rolled up the war file and
tested this with websphere. It still gives the ClassNotFoundException.
I wonder if someone in this list works with/tried wicket 1.3 and
websphere. The exact version of my websphere is 6.0.2.9.
I've played with websphere's classloader settings, but without any
success.

Any other idea, guys?

>> On 5/8/07, shumbola <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
>> Hello, Johan.

>> Âû ïèñàëè Tuesday, May 08, 2007, 4:13:21 PM:

>>> are you sure that the wicket lib is not in a shared lib
>>> and your application code is in a web app lib dir?

>>> Because then the wicket code can't find the applicaiton class of
>>> yours because they are not loaded
>>>through the same classloader.

>>> johan

>> Yes, I'm pretty sure that wicket lib is not in a shared lib and yes,
>> my application code is in a web app lib dir.

>> Here is some hierarchy on the server:
>> MYAPP.EAR:
>>  img <DIR>
>>  WEB-INF <DIR>
>>  index.html
>>  style.css

>> WEB-INF:
>>  classes <DIR>
>>  lib <DIR>
>>  web.xml

>> classes:
>>  com <DIR> //the whole application classes here
>>  log4j.properties
>> lib:
>>  wicket*.jar
>>  wicket-extensions*.jar
>>  andother jar files

>> If I deploy the same war file on Tomcat, webstone, jetty it works as
>> expected, but seems with Web Sphere something goes wrong.

>>> On 5/8/07, shumbola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hello,

>>> After migrating to 1.3 I decided to test if my application still works
>>> under Web Sphere 6.0. And I'm getting this error:
>>> SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[Filter [MyApplication]: could not be
initialized]:
>>> org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Unable to create
>>> application of class com.nemat.MyApplication
>>> at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:217)
>>> at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:59)
>>> at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:61)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException
>>> ..<init>(WicketRuntimeException.java:50)
>>> at

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.ContextParamWebApplicationFactory.createApplication
(ContextParamWebApplicationFactory.java:83)
>>> at

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.ContextParamWebApplicationFactory.createApplication
>>> (ContextParamWebApplicationFactory.java:50)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:375)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.init(
FilterInstanceWrapper.java:109)
>>>at
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.loadFilter(
WebAppFilterManager.java :326)
>>> at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager..getFilterInstanceWrapper
(WebAppFilterManager.java:152)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.getFilterChain
>>> ( WebAppFilterManager.java:200)
>>> at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.invokeFilters(
DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:764)
>>> at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest
>>> (DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:581)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws..webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:2965)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:221)
>>> at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.handleRequest (VirtualHost.java
:210)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java
:1931)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready (
WCChannelLink.java:84)
>>> at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination
>>> (HttpInboundLink.java:472)
>>> at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(
HttpInboundLink.java:411)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(
HttpICLReadCallback.java
>>> :101)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.requestComplete (
WorkQueueManager.java:566)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attemptIO(
WorkQueueManager.java:593)
>>> at com.ibm.ws..tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.workerRun (
WorkQueueManager.java:952)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worker.run
(WorkQueueManager..java:1039)
>>> at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1447)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException  : com.nemat.MyApplication
>>> at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:217)
>>> at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:59)
>>> at
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.<init>(ClassNotFoundException.java
>>> :65)
>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:220)
>>> at
>>> com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:110)
>>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java :317)
>>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:263)
>>> at

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.ContextParamWebApplicationFactory.createApplication
(ContextParamWebApplicationFactory.java:69)
>>> ... 21 more

>>> With wicket 1.2 with wicket servlet it was working ok. Is this class
>>> The only difference in my app now is that I've migrated it to the  1.3
,
>>> and instead of commons-logging am using slf4j now.

>>> Do you have any idea idea how to solve this problem?

>>> Thanks!

>>> --
>>>Regards
>>>shumbola