could you more clearly define what you think the behavior should be, and
what it is now?

-igor

On 5/10/07, Joshua Lim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

I have got a SuperPanel class that extends Panel, I have a few variations
of html for this SuperPanel and am overriding the getVariation() method for
to get what I want ...that's all good.

Then I wanted to add a ChildPanel extending SuperPanel. and also I would
like to have ChildPanel to have also a few variations hence giving me more
flexibility in generating dynamic panels as a result...

getVariation() gets resolved at the ChildPanel level only. since
overriding the getVariation on ChildPanel hides SuperPanel.getVariation().

Am I stretching this too far?? :p and should just work with one variation
per component hierarchy

Joshua