On 5/10/07, Bernatet Mathieu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2007/5/10, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Right now, when you set outputmarkupid on component wicket doesn't
> > honor the id specified in markup. One of the reasons is that when you
> > use the component twice, the id is no longer unique.
>
> I understand that if the id is specified in the panel markup
> (ViewPanel.html) , but it is not the case here.

it might not be the case, but how is wicket supposed to know that? also
what if you put that component into a repeater? it will also have non unique
ids. i think there are so many different ways to break this that i always
advocated of never honoring markup's id attr if setoutputmarkupid is called.
but thats just me.

So what is the recommended best practice: ask web designers to use class
instead of ids on dynamic components (maybe not always possible), or
encapsulate a dynamic component in a static one with an id under control of
the web designer?

Xavier

-igor

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!