I managed to migrate my application to wicket-1.3 ... but the same problem
still persist...:( -> this time it is complaining that  he is unable to find
the componentRelativePath of the component which is supposed to be added to
the target. :(

The problem with NPE in DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy:295 seems to be
the way wicket retrieves the component using its relative component path...
[code]
page.get(pageRelativeComponentPath);
[code]
The component which cause the problem was removed and then added back by the
AjaxTabbedPanel before the exception is thrown.

PS: Btw, when the stable wicket-1.3 version is planned to be released?

Regards,
Alex.