I have managed to spend a few hours looking at 1.2.6 over the last couple of
weeks, and it is certainly better than any other framework I have come
across for java web-apps. My only concern is the documentation, but the
forum seems very active, so it will probably be able to fill the gaps whilst
getting up to speed. In particular, some well organised and accessible high
level design and key-concepts type documents would be a big bonus for
someone coming from my angle and would make it much easier to work out how
to do the basic stuff in the spirit of wicket without resorting to hours of
googling and then, naive sounding questions to the forum!
Anyway ...
I was planning to stay put with 1.2.6 until 2.0 is closer to production, but
perhaps I should go via 1.3 as this is very close to the 2.0 apis (minus the
java 5 stuff, like generics etc)  if I understand correctly(?).
Has anyone else also looked into this?
Can 1.3 do _everything_ 1.2.6 can do? And then some?
Do the wicket team suggest such a roadmap for someone whose first commercial
wicket app will go into development in early June?
All advice/experiences welcome.