Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Scott Sauyet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It looks like I will be using Wicket for my next project, but I ran into
>> an interesting little issue that I'm not sure how to solve.  How can I
>> allow templates that have something like <wicket:message>'s included but
>> with my own custom resolver?
 > Wicket is very flexible and modular. You can write your own
 > MyWicketMessageResolver and register it with the application. How to
 > do it? Just see how WicketMessageResolver is registered. It is realy
 > simple.

You're right.  It was very simple.  I created my own class modeled on
WicketMessageResolver, and registered it in the init() of my application
with something like this:

     getPageSettings().addComponentResolver(new MyCustomResolver());

My next question -- and you *knew* there would be one, right? :-) -- has
to do with needing to add "wicket:custom" markup to attributes as well
as component text.  I'm imagining the template editor needing to do
something like

        wicket:custom="href=lookup1,title=lookup2">my special link</a>

I see the experimental class WicketMessageTagHandler and note that it's
disabled by default.  If I were to mimic this class for my own custom
filter, is there any way I could go about registering it without hacking
into MarkupParser?  Or is there some simpler way to do this?

Thanks for the help,

   -- Scott