Thanks Herman. Yes, naturally, I started out with that. I think it's to do
with hierarchies and scopes.
I will try out your advice about my invisible "span" tag in _this_ post.
Strangely, I found that there was no problem if I added the text field
("waitedForId" in my example below) to the radio group. That seems quite
unintuitive but it works. (Any logical explanation?).
The final solution (for now) involves moving "waitedForId" out of the scope
of the <span> .
Anyway, if any one can give any ideas re my question below (), I will try
different solution.