The override of onUnauthorizedPage didn't work because the framework was
throwing the UnauthorizedInstantiationException because the page itself was
not secure, but the component was. I was able to handle this by overriding
the WebRequestCycle to handle exceptions explicitly as indicated in the

http://www.nabble.com/Exception-Strategy-in-1.3-tf3793570.html#a10790773

My reason for doing this is that I have a fairly generic bookmarkable page
(single class) that will serve up varied content (markup) depending upon the
URL. I also have a dynamic mechanism using resolve() to detect wicket:id's
that have behavior of my choosing. So, my motivation is that while the pages
themselves are not declared "secure", the HTML developer could inadvertantly
reference a secured component. Hence my desire to trap instantiation issues
at the component level and then do proper redirection to either the login
page or error page.

While not a classic use of the framework, I think it has some merit. I will
also check out the WASP and SWARM projects.