Hi Ryan,
I don't think you can test it like that unless you have a default
constructor, and even then I don't think it will work (I'm a bit
spotty on this). What I have always done is this:

tester.startPanel(new TestPanelSource () {
     Panel getTestPanel(final String panelId) {
           return new TestPanel(panelId);
     }
});

Hope that fixes it for you.