indeed, we internally develop small extension to allow using partial path
to allocate component.

tester.clickLink("foo:bar:navigation:i:6:nodeLink")
can be written like

tester.clickLink("foo, 6, nodeLink")

On 6/9/07, Timo Rantalaiho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007, Ingram Chen wrote:
> I use 1.2.6 and tester.clickLink("foo:bar:navigation:i:6:nodeLink") work
for

And instead of using the full path like that (which can be
tedious to maintain when the component hierarchy changes)
you can also use an Ivistor to access the component (and
then ask its path from itself).

It depends on the case which is wiser. We also use a the
hardcoded path a lot in tests, but with repeaters it can
get a bit fragile.

- Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho