just my 2 cents, but i think the databinder project would be a great place
for this.

On 6/27/07, Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I've blogged about that a few days ago [1], but jonathan told me it might
be interesting to contribute it to wicket contrib or wicket examples. "It"
is a reusable panel featuring a text area where you can type an Hibernate
HQL query, a button to submit the query, and a datatable to display the
results.

The panel is very generic, it just needs a SessionFactory, and work with
Hibernate metamodel to display the result. We use it in our administration
page (which is targetted to developpers), it might also be useful for debug
purpose (we use it pretty frequently as an easy way to test queries). So I'd
be happy to contribute this to wicket more directly (the code [2] is already
ASLv2), but I need some help.

First I have a dependency on databinder HibernateObjectModel, which is
used to wrap query result objects in models. To put this in wicket contrib,
I'd need a similar generic way of wrapping hibernate objects in IModel.
Maybe there's something similar in wicket-contrib-hibernate?

My second question is where should I put this panel?
wicket-contrib-hibernate? Somewhere else? Right now I have trouble accessing
wicket-stuff svn, so I can't even try to make a good guess :-)

Xavier

[1] http://xhab.blogspot.com/2007/06/wicket-hibernate-query-panel.html
[2]
http://www.xoocode.org/wsvn/xoocode/org.xoocode.xooctory/trunk/xooctory/src/main/java/org/xoocode/xooctory/web/component/hibernate/HibernateQueryPanel.java?op=file&rev=0&sc=0