Hi All,

I am using Wicket with Spring's OpenSessionInViewFilter for Hibernate.
The filter is mapped to Wicket servlet. The problem with this setup is
that the OpenSessionInView filter gets invoked on *all* requests to
Wicket including requests for static resources (such as CSS files and
images) managed by Wicket.

What I want is to have the OpenSessionInViewFilter invoked *only* on
regular requests (such as user clicks, page refreshes, AJAX requests,
etc.) and exclude requests to Wicket resources.

Is there a standard way to achieve this?

One possible solution would be to move the static resources away from my
JAR file directly into the WAR (as most Java web MVC apps usually have),
however I would not like to take this approach -- Wicket is a component
framework after all and I want my resources packaged together with my
components in a JAR file.

Thanks in advance!