Eelco .. I understand, and moreover in general versioning on ajax operation
is meaning less.

But in some cases like tab operation would be nice, because from the user
point of view changing tab switch is like changing the page content. So
would be useful to let interact with browser back and fwd navigation.

Looking on the Internet I found some interesting tricks [1] and [2].
Basically that make use of a hidden  iframe to store the history.

Perhaps a solution to handle versioning for a generic ajax action could be
very complex.

But a specific behaviour just to handle AjaxTabbedPanel versioning I think
it would not so difficult.

I will make some experiment and let you know.

Thank Paolo

[1] http://dev2dev.bea.com/pub/a/2006/01/ajax-back-button.html
[2]
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/10/26/ajax-handling-bookmarks-and-back-button.html

> not really, that part (the client part) is not really implemented yet.
>
> waiting for someone to do it :)

FYI Paolo, we've been chatting about this before and had some ideas,
but it's a hard problem to solve. Unlike GWT (who does a good job
supporting the back button with Ajax), Wicket doesn't 'own' the
browser, so we'd have to use complicated workarounds, especially since
it has to be aligned with our normal page versioning. But biggest
problem right now that keeps us working on this is lack of time.