Thank you again.

But I'm not very sure of what you are talking about... I declared the
DropDowns that way so they are able to change the content for every language
with every localization change. But as part of a Form with assigned
CompoundPropertyModel, I supposed it should be easy to just map the selected
value in the property with the same name.

The strange is that I have exactly the same code for a different Dropdown,
and I can retrieve the value correctly:

Page class:
  membershipLevels = new DropDownChoice ("membershipLevel",
            new LoadableDetachableModel() {protected Object load() {return
getMembershipLevels();}},
            new ChoiceRenderer ("membershipLevelName",
"membershipLevelID"));

Compound Property:
private MembershipLevel membershipLevel;

Submit:
           System.out.println ("MEMBERSHIPLEVEL:" +
userInformation.getMembershipLevel().getMembershipLevelID());

So yes, you are right, I think I don't understand how it works...

Really... thank you!
Oskar