well that must be a JExcel API improper use problem, you can read up well on
JExcel to see if you are properly using the API

but if cell.getType is not returning the proper type, then you need to be
sure that you are calling on the right cell. am not even a pro with the
JExcel API, i just learnt JExcel API afresh when i decided to practice
something along wicket with it.

you could also paste some snippets to help understand what may be wrong

On 7/27/07, Edi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> any reply, please....
>

> Edi wrote:
> >
> > Ok. I will Check.
> >
> > But When I get the cellType of each cell. It shows wrong type.
> >
> > for e.g
> > Testing shows :: Date      - wrong
> > 12/12/07 shows :: Date    - correct
> > 200.00 shows :: Date       - wrong.
> >
> > It looks like confusing.  I am using cell.getType() method.
> >
> > Actually my aim is, all the fieldname(header) and cell name(A1, B1,
> > etc...), and data types, min value, max values of xls have stored in DB.
> >
> > I want to compare both db cell name(A1) data types and xls file cell
> > name's(A1) data types.
> > If it is wrong, I have to colored that text field or validated. How?
> >

> > Please advise and send your suggestions.
> >
> > Thanking You.
> > Regards,
> > Edi
> >

> > Ayodeji Aladejebi wrote:
> >>
> >> i suppose its a Jexcel issue because the Cell implementations are not
> >> Serializable so you should not make them a dependent object in your
> >> application like having
> >>
> >> private Cell cell; in your webpage or panel
> >>
> >> you could make it transient to avoid making it a serialization concern
> >>
> >> or if you follow my example you will see that placing such dependents
> in
> >> WebPage or Panel was avoided
> >>
> >> Take a Look at
> >> ScrollableExcelGrid
> >>
> >> when you check the Panels, you will notice their is no JExcel object
> that
> >> is
> >> a dependent object
> >> however when you look at the Models,
> >>
> >> ExcelWorkbookModel
> >> and then CellWritableModel
> >>
> >> you only find references to the Workbook and i would consider that a
> >> problem
> >>
> >> because wicket gives you the freedom to use your models to build up
> your
> >> data. so stick to models

> sure

> browser.