> Colors are reversed between the Fullscreen menus and the in.game menus on
> purpose. This is necessary because the background makes non-bold text
> unreadable in the Fullscreen menus

Can't follow you here. The Save game menu shows currently (in this branch) bold
white constants ('Map name:') with non bold yellow variables (e.g. "Crater").
What is against having bold yellow constants with bold white variables like it
is all other gameplay menus?

> - the coloring is consistent with the
> mapselect screen though.

You mean mapselect screen in Editor? I think this branch do not touch the menus
in editor. The Choose map screen for single player game shows also bold yellow
constants with bold white variables.

Maybe i am too fussy :)

> I used the arrow in the replay in an attempt to signal that the gametime is
> the start of the replay, not the end or length.
Ok, never associate it with the beginning of the replay... maybe has to be
clarified in the tooltip? Or, since the same information is also on the right
side, describe it it on the right side. So instead: 'Game Time: 20:44' ->
'Start of replay: 20:44'. One disadvantage when the game time is in the column:
Clicking on the column header sort the entrys by gametime then. Don't know if
gametime is a necessary information to sort for.

> Regarding the load/save
> screens, we have map descriptions in the load menu and actual filenames in the
> save menu. Do you thing that we need a button to toggle those like in the
> editor load/save map?
No, i don't think so. I had trouble to write what i meant. Another try:

The column description in Load save game menu contains for example:

1. The Strands of Malac'mor (Build blockhouse) -> Campaign(Objective)
2. test (Crater) -> filename (Mapname)
3. Autosave 00: Crater -> somename: Mapname

Especially the 2. and 3. example shows different formats of the same kind of
information. Having an extra string for autosave files is ok for me, but the
format should be equal in both entries, imho. To distinguish between campaigns
both entries may be in format 'name: mapname'. The resulting entries would then
be:

1. The Strands of Malac'mor (Build blockhouse)
2. test: Crater -> removed curved brackets
3. Autosave 00: Crater

> H means Host, we are distinguishing host from client here. MP is reserved for
> multiplayer client games. How about MPH/MPC?

I don't mind. For me all those abbreviations are not self explaining *lol*

> And yes, the savegame menu is consistent with the editor menus, not the
> Fullscreen menus. I can look into changing the button positions.

I think distinguishing between editor and playing menus, if feasible, would be
good, since editor and playing are different kind of programs.

> I don't see a natural cutoff point to make the editbox shorter that would be
> visually pleasing - ideas?

In the old save game menu the editbox was visual a part of the table. I liked
that...

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/savegame-menu/+merge/322924
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of