Delete the line -- if he has already set it as unlimited.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Dr Qiwen  YAO <Yao.Qiwen at nims.go.jp> wrote:
> Dear Wien2k users,
> I've come across an issue when running WIEN2k 11 in a cluster (PBS Pro, SUSE
> Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)) for the Stack size setting permission:
> It was the system policy that a user is not allowed to set the stack size in
> anyway. ?That is:
> "ulimit -s whateveramount" is not allowed - so for the line inserted in my
> .bashrc file by WIEN, how do I go around this problem? The system support is
> not changing anything for this in his side (but he said that "the stack size
> is unlimited on computer nodes when users run jobs"). So can I just delete
> this line from the .bashrc file? Would that affect the WIEN2k execution?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Qiwen Yao

> Dr QiWen YAO
>
> JSPS Fellow
> Multifunctional Materials Group
> Optical and Electronic Materials Unit
> Environment and Energy Materials Research Division
>
> National Institute for Materials Science
>
> 1-2-1 Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0047, Japan
> Phone: +81-29-851-3354, ext. no. 6482, Fax: +81-29-859-2501

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
nobody else has thought
Albert Szent-Gyorgi