Hi Marcelo,
1 - backup everything, all data, files etc on your disk,
2 - restart the Mac from an external disk,
3 - use the "Disk Utility" in the /Applications/Tools folder
4 - erase the disk and format with the correct option (Unix + case sensitive).
I have not done it with Lion, I only own OS X 10.6.8. Maybe check on some Apple
forum what people say for Lion.
My PowerMac has been formatted since 4-5 years, in fact I don't remember when.
It has probably several millions of files and it is stable. I don't see any
reason to change this operating system.
Regards
G.

Le 2 juin 2012 ? 16:28, Marcelo Barbosa a ?crit :