Dear WIEN2k users,

In the last years, the largest numbers of new WIEN2k users come from countries like India, China and Japan and we have therefore decided to hold the next workshop close to these areas in order to give more new users a chance to learn WIEN2k. We strongly encourage in particular new users from Asian countries to take this opportunity.

The workshop will be held at the Institute of High Performance Computing (IHCP) in Singapore from 24. - 27. June 2015.

As usual, the workshop will be useful for both,
- beginners (introduction to DFT, WIEN2k and concepts of solid state simulations like bandstructure, DOS, supercells and symmetries) and - more advanced users (sophisticated topics like many-body perturbation theory (GW+BSE), spectroscopy, NMR chemical shifts).

In extensive hands-on sessions with expert-tutors we will help you with your first steps in WIEN2k all the way to guidance of your own research problems.

Details about registration will follow later.

PS: I also want to point out that right after the WIEN2k-workshop there is a big materials research conference:
      ICMAT2015, http://www.mrs.org.sg/icmat2015
which might be of interest to workshop participants. There is only one problem: the deadline for abstract submission to this conference ends tomorrow and you have to hurry if you want to present something there !

Regards
--

                                      P.Blaha