After you added and saved in .bashrc the line

export LC_NUMERIC=en_US

did you reload .bashrc in the bash terminal with

source ~/.bashrc

(or close and open a new bash terminal)

If you enter the terminal command: locale

Does it return in the output

LC_NUMERIC="en_US"

Instead of "export LC_NUMERIC=en_US", have you tried "export LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8"?

Maybe the US locale needs to added and configured. Refer to the "Setting locale failed" post in the Ubuntu forum: