Your question two answers your question one
Answer to 2 is, yes, but take care that it is converged with respect to k
points and Rkmax

Von: wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
[wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] im Auftrag von Seyyed Amir Abbas
Emami [a.a.em...@birjand.ac.ir]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. September 2015 20:22
An: wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Betreff: [Wien] SOC

​dear users

I am trying to calculate band structure in the presence of spin-orbit
interaction.Now i have an elementary  question about this.I read mailing list
but i could not find my answer. I am a little bit confused.
1- Does the magnetization direction(specified in .inso) effect on band
structure. If it is. which direction is appropriate?
2-Can the energy in the end of scf file be a good criteria for determination of
easy axis?

Any suggestion will be appreciate in advanced