First guess (assuming everything is numerically converged): do you consider the same electrons as valence electrons both in vasp and wien2k ? It could happen that a 'semicore' state is taken as valence in wien2k and core in vasp. As long as the EFG contribution of these states are small, wien2k and vasp will show no differences. But if you hit a crystal structure where these states have a larger EFG contribution, then the differences will show up.

You can find out whether or not this is the case by (1) explicitly taking the same core/valence assignment in both codes, or (2) examining the contribution to the EFG of all different oribitals (or regions of the DOS). See http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/faq/efg2.pdf (top of page 9) for the procedure to follow in wien2k.

No warranty, just a guess...

Stefaan