Hello Sikander,

you might want to read some introductionary chapter of your favorite book on statistical physics or on thermodynamics ... My first try at a short answer would be: Calculate microscopic properties from a proper Hamiltonian and density matrix for the system. Calculate macroscopic properties from ensemble averages of these.

I hope this does not add to your confusion,

Martin

---
Dr. Martin Pieper
Karl-Franzens University