Usually, different properties require different k-meshes. So it should be ok to converge the scf with a smaller k-mesh (it still must be a "good" one), but use more k-points for a plot of the DOS or optics.

Please repeat the optics calculation with a series of k-meshes and plot w_p as funktion of the k-mesh. You should find out in this way the converged value.

PS: I know that for Al one needs MANY more k-points to get a converged value. No idea about Na.