A structural phase transition is possible when the enthalpy-pressure curves of two different phases of a compound intersect [ https://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10270.html ]. So, yes, you should be able consider whether or not a phase transition occurs when the curves intersect.

The RS to CsCl phase transition calculation of GdN in the article titled "Pressure-induced phase transitions, electronic and magnetic properties of GdN" by R. M. Shabara et al. [ http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2011.08.001 ] should be an example of just because a calculation shows it, it is not necessarily enough to support that the phase transition happens unless it can also be verified experimentally.