If you have the calculated rho/tau from BoltzTraP, (rho/tau)_calculated, and the experimental conductivity, rho_experimental, you could use the equation given in the "How can I calculate the conductivity" in the "1.3 Frequently Asked Question" section of the BoltzTraP UserGuide to estimate what the tau might be, which is

tau = rho_experimental/(rho/tau)_calculated