Dear group,
As an engineering researcher with great lack in understanding the ab initio
calculations, I have basically believed that the first-principle calculation
results demonatrate rather "ideal" values presumably obtained at "0 K" and they
need to be adjusted by proper mathematical models formulated as a function of
temperature for reachiing the more practical values at non-0 K values.
However, in many pieces of literature, they are trying to compare the ab initio
calculation results and the measurement results at non-0 K, particularly at
room temperature.
I'm wondering what sort of foundation is required for believing that the
simulation results can be treated as those obtained at 300 K. In other words,
what models or equations can be adopted for taking the exact band structures
and related parameters (Eg, effective mass, etc.) in hand in performing the
first-principle simulations?
It will be appreciated if you fix my fault and share some wisdom. Many thanks.
- Sincerely, Seongjae.