As a clarification, this means that neither MSR1a nor PORT will work
correctly with full hybrids or SOC.

What could be done is to incorporate a code such as PRAXIS (e.g.
https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f_src/praxis/praxis.html) into PORT do
do a derivative-free optimization. If anyone is interested in doing some
coding let me know.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University