Thanks, prof Blaha. I was using TEMP broadening of 0.005 but I will try
with a smaller number.

Fhokrul

From: wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
[wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] On Behalf Of Peter Blaha
[pbl...@theochem.tuwien.ac.at]
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:26 AM
To: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Subject: Re: [Wien] Energy convergence with spin-orbit

Convergence, in particular at surfaces and with localized states at EF,
can be difficult.
In particular, the default TETRA method might give problems due to the
missing 3rd dimension and TEMP/TEMPS with some broadening (try as small
as possible (0.002) first, but eventually you need to increase it a little.
Also a too crude k-mesh can give problems and eventually you need to
increase it. In any case, for a magnetocrystalline anisotropy usually
huge k-meshes are necessary and careful testing is necessary, otherwise
you get meaningless numbers.