If you ran as you describe:

runsp_lapw -p -orb -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -i 60
runsp_lapw -p -orb -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -i 60

The first runsp_lapw should have ran the calculation from cycle 1 up to cycle 60. The second runsp_lapw should have then removed the broyd files and repeated the same calculation again from cycle 1 up to cycle 60.

Now, if you had did:

runsp_lapw -p -orb -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -i 60
runsp_lapw -p -orb -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -i 60 -NI

The first runsp_lapw should have ran the calculation from cycle 1 up to cycle 60. The second runsp_lapw should have then kept the broyd files (because of the -NI) and continued the calculation from cycle 61 up to cycle 120.

However, your new description that the energy and charge convergence are constant in every cycle is much clearer. So, I now don't think that increasing the maximum number of iterations will solve your problem.

Of the few mBJ calculations that I have ran, I don't remember ever having any problem just doing:

run[sp]_lapw ... -i 80 (with the default MSR1 in case.inm)

If I were to encounter a convergence problem, then I would restore my pre-mBJ calculation and try starting with a few iterations of PRATT and switch back to MSR1 [ https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07403.html ]:

restore_lapw
run[sp]_lapw ... -i 15 (with PRATT in case.inm)
run[sp]_lapw ... -i 80 -NI (with MSR1 in case.inm)

If the mBJ instructions were written today, maybe PRATT would not be mentioned in the UG mBJ procedure.

I believe the PRATT part of the UG mBJ procedure was written back in the day when MSEC1 was the default (before MSR1 existed) [ http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg03783.html ]. I suspect that mBJ calculations starting with MSEC1 failed frequently, such that PRATT for a few iterations was the workaround to the MSEC1 problem.

There was one user in the past that reported that they had the same problem with a mBJ calculation, where the energy and charge convergence became constant in every cycle:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07150.html

It looks like it might have been because they used too large of a mixing greed for PRATT. Since the thread of posts seem to stop, the user likely solved it by using a smaller (but not too small) PRATT mixing greed.

Unfortunately, you did not run the exact command that Prof. Marks sent and provide the output as it looks like it would have included information about the mixing parameters that were used during the calculation.