In a normal runsp calculation, the sequence of program steps is:

x lapw1 -up     # creates vectorup and energyup
x lapw1 -dn     #         vectordn     energydn
x lapw2 -up     # calculates EF from energy up/dn and clmvalup
x lapw2 -dn     #                                     clmvaldn

After an scf cycle, you thus still have "valid" enrgyup/dn and vectorup/dn files, thus can run: x lapw2 -up/dn -qtl

in runfsm we have:

x lapw1 -up
cp energyup energydn     !!!!
x lapw2 -up         # with a larger NE in case.in2 file  (cp in2up in2)
x lapw1 -dn
cp energydn energyup
x lapw2 -dn         # with a smaller NE (cp case.in2dn case.in2)

This gives of course 2 different EF. Small correction of what L.Marks said: It is true, that a FSM calculation does NOT give you a true fixed point solution, except: you can interpret the difference in EF-up - dn as a magnetic field, and thus the solution with a fixed moment of M=xx is a solution with an magnetic field of delta-EF. (Note, in most of your cases when far away from a scf-solution and without metamagnetic transitions), the field would be unphysical and really huge (several 1000 Tesla).

From the above sequence it should now also be clear what you have to for the qtls:

x lapw2 -dn -qtl is fine (since you still have the correct energy/vector/in2 files .

x lapw1 -up
cp case.energyup case.energydn
cp case.in2up case.in2
x lapw2 -up -qtl

For the DOS:   x tetra -up/dn

Plotting the DOS in Ry is fine.

Plotting both up and dn DOS in eV in one plot is "wrong", since the energy scale (0 eV = EF) corresponds to two different absolute energies (EF) and thus one should shift up vs dn-DOS by delta-EF !!!!!!