Look at the document describing constraint LDA calculations in the textbook section of wien2k.at

On 05/30/2016 07:13 AM, SOHAN LAL wrote:

Dear Wien2k users,

      I am new inWien2k code. I want to calculate the effective U for NiO. I
want to
know, how to put the constrained number of d electrons in the core. Ni2+
has 8 d electrons. In order to calculate U, two calculations one with
4.5 up, 4 dn electrons, and second one with 4.5 up and 3 dn constrained
d-electrons for one of the Ni atoms are necessary according to ref: G.
K. H. Madsen and P. NovĀ“ak, Europhys. Lett. 69, 777 (2005).I want to
know, how NiO.incup and NiO.incdn files are made such that the 4.5 up
and 4 dn constrained d electrons are included in the core for 1st
calculations. Plese shed a light on this. Thanks $ Regards Sohan Lal

<https://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.com/signatureline.htm@Middle?>
Get your own *FREE* website, *FREE* domain & *FREE* mobile app with
Company email.
        *Know More >*
<http://track.rediff.com/click?url=___http://businessemail.rediff.com?sc_cid=sign-1-10-13___&cmp=host&lnk=sign-1-10-13&nsrv1=host>

                                      P.Blaha