In the init_phonon_lapw script file, can you see if it fixes your problem by changing the first line from

#!/bin/csh -f

#!/bin/tcsh -f

Perhaps it behaves differently on other systems (with different csh versions), but csh version 20110502-2ub in 64 bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS seems to not be able to resolve a proper argument count with $#a on line 49 in init_phonon_lapw. However, when it is changed to tcsh (version 6.18.01-2), it seems to work fine.