you should use irrep,
see  the manual for details and restrictions

Von: Wien [wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] im Auftrag von Little Grass
[xslittlegr...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Oktober 2016 05:44
An: wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Betreff: [Wien] fix fake avoided crossing

Dear WIEN2k users,

When calculate band structure, I find that the bands form fake avoided
crossings. How can I fix those fake avoided crossings?

For example, Fig 1 shows the calculated band structure for MgO from X to Gamma
to X. The plot are made from the data in case.energy (or case.spaghetti_ene).
We can see there are several places where the bands cross each other. For
example band 9 and 10 cross at around 12 eV, band 11 and 15 cross at around 24
eV. But these are not true avoid crossings, they are just the mixing of the
labeling of the bands. I would like to fix these fake avoided crossings, so
that the bands are truely cross each other. A desired result is in Fig 2. So my
question is how can fix these avoided crossings?

I want to fix these avoided crossings because I want to study the dipole
transition element between two bands as a function of k. These avoided
crossings lead to sudent jumps in the dipole transient elements.

Fig 1: http://i.imgur.com/QXicvvv.png

Fig 2: http://i.imgur.com/k4ArRrQ.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,