The structure that you have attached does NOT have Cmm2 as space group
symmetry, but only Cm, which is the one that sgroup correctly finds. The
mirror plane of the Cm group is perpendicular to the original a axis, and
in the standard description of Cm it should be perpendicular to the b axis.
That is the reason why it interchanges the axes, to make the old a axis become the new b one. It is however true that it could have however kept the original
unit cell metrics, with the axes interchanged. The program indeed does not
seem to have any particular criterion to optimize the choice of the unit
cell within the standard description of the space group, and as Peter Blaha
says there are many possible choices for monoclinic space groups. The
program just chooses one, the reason being that your structure is monoclinic
with Cm symmetry and not Cmm2.

J. Manuel Perez-Mato
Fac. Ciencia y Tecnologia,
Universidad del Pais Vasco, UPV